Vitamins are easily absorbed and digested. Wild caught Cod is a great source of natural Vitamin A&D. One month supply of 120 gel tabs of Cod liver oil.
Vitamin A can be found in many foods but fish is one of the highest with the vitamin. It is also found in sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy greens and in some fruits such as mango, apricots, and cantaloupe.
Vitamin D, also like Vitamin A, is found highest in fish. Other means of Vitamin D are eggs, mushrooms and as an additive to some cows milk.
In regards to vitamin supplementation, information found on the FDA website, http://www.fda.gov, says that “According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, many people consume more calories than they need without taking in recommended amounts of a number of nutrients. The Guidelines warn that there are numerous nutrients-including vitamins-for which low dietary intake may be a cause of concern.
These nutrients are:
- calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium and Vitamin A (as carotenoids, Vitamin C and Vitamin E for adults
- calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium, and Vitamins E for children and adolescents
- Vitamin B-12, iron, folic acid, and Vitamin E and Vitamin D for specific population groups
Regarding the use of supplements, the Dietary guidelines include the following:
- Consume a variety of nutrient-dense foods and beverages within and among the basic food groups. At the same time, choose foods that limit the intake of saturated and trans fats, cholesterol, added sugars, salt and alcohol
- Meet recommended nutrient intakes within energy needs by adopting a balanced eating pattern
- If you’re over age 50, consume vitamin B-12 in it’s crystalline form, which is found in fortified foods or supplements
- If you’re a woman of childbearing age who may become pregnant or is in the first trimester of pregnancy, consume adequate folic acid daily in addition to food forms of folate from a varied diet.
- If you are an older adult, have dark skin, or are exposed to insufficient ultraviolet band radiation (such as sunlight), consume extra Vitamin D from Vitamin D fortified foods and or supplements
Vitamins are essential nutrients that contribute to a healthy life. Although most people get all the vitamins they need from the foods they eat, millions of people worldwide take supplemental vitamins as part of their health regimen.
Why Buy Vitamins?
There are may good reasons to consider taking vitamin supplements, such as over-the-counter multivitamins. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), a doctor may recommend that you take them:
- for certain health problems
- if you eat a vegetarian or vegan diet
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding”